Re: [OM] Fang? We'll see when it gets here

Subject: Re: [OM] Fang? We'll see when it gets here
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 23:13:40 -0300
on 12/10/2003 21:09, andrew fildes at afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>> I think marks on the front of a lens probably affects
>> the price a lot more than its ability to take pictures.
>>
>> Wayne

> Marked lenses can be great bargains as users if you can get over the
> perceived need for perfection and the reduced resale value.
> AndrewF

A few days ago I found a 100/2 with some deep scratches on its front
element. It seemed that El Zorro had left his mark there, I had the faint
impression it had been done on purpose. Or was it me that felt so angry?
Anyway, the man was asking about USD 125 for it and besides the aperture
ring needed service since changing from /2 to /2.8 wasn't smooth at all.
I thought he was crazy, but perhaps it's worth its asking price 'though it
has no caps nor case. OTOH I'm very reluctant to buy it even at half its
asking price....

Fernando