Re: [OM] Payments to Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] Payments to Australia
From: Michael and Elizabeth <moc63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:03:28 +1000
Sending payment to Australia is a hassle.  Paypal is not much use here as
one has to have access to a US bank account to get at the money otherwise it
just sits in your Paypal account till you spend it on a Paypal purchase.
The fees are very high also.

Sending cash to OZ, in a registered letter is not to bad.  I have had this
done many times without a loss.

There is also a bank draft or Western Union money transfer but these are
very costly.

A personal cheque from outside OZ usually takes three to four weeks to have
cleared which is not good for both parties waiting to finalise a sale.

Anyone know of better ways?

Michael.