[OM] Shooting Slides

Subject: [OM] Shooting Slides
From: Albert <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 01:44:24 +0800
I just got back from a 3 day vacation from Kinmen Island off the coast of Taiwan..

It's way to expensive to pay to have slides scanned, and so I am sad I can't put up a few pics for all of you to see.. But my photography has really come to its own these past few rolls..

My previous trip was a disaster, as my metering was very inaccurate, something I never knew shooting print (always corrected by developer) but this time around, maybe only 3 - 5 slides out of 36 are a little off, and even then, by maybe half a stop, instead of full stops like I use to be. Shooting slides has slowed my shooting down, and as a result, composition has improved greatly..

The people at the local photo-shop are constantly amazed at what my Zuikos and Tokina can turn out..

This was a 3 day holiday weekend here in Taiwan, and so quite a few of us took pics. When we put our pics out on the light table for everybody to see, mine just blew most of theirs away, to my surprise..

There was a particular thing I did notice, in slides, it was pretty easy to tell when cheap lenses were used. One of the guys used a Vivitar 28-105mm f2.8 (at least that's the specs he told me) and the flare was just rediculous. Flare in almost 1000f the pictures. I shot Velvia and Sensia and some of them were taken with my Mju-II (Stylus Epic). They were amazed as quite a few pics, mine were very sharp, even compared to their pics. I'm not addicted to shooting slide film, the richness and latitude of color just blows everything away..

I love my OM...

Albert