Re: [OM] Noisy T32

Subject: Re: [OM] Noisy T32
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:41:05 -0500
Loose wrapping of the wire inside the transformer.  It comes up now and then.
The usual solution is to replace the transformer -- that's the big block-like
thing with yellow tape around the middle.

Or just for fun, you might try this experiment (I've been thinking of trying it,
but noisy transformers are getting pretty rare....) -- thin some white school
glue a bit and squirt it into the windings under the tape and let it dry.  I
wouldn't use a solvent-based glue since it might dissolve the insulation of the
windings -- OK, electrical-types, is that a valid concern/suggestion?