Re: [OM] OM-4 in trouble

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4 in trouble
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:46:10 -0500
Try this:  with the camera set on "B" with the back open, and with mild
pressure on the release button, slowly wind the camera.  With luck, you might
be able to get the "B" mechanism to engage and hold the shutter open.  Then, if
the problem is that the aperture mechanism of the lens has slipped onto the
wrong side of the camera's aperture lever, you might be able to disengage it.

If the focusing screen has come loose, you might try gently shaking and tapping
the camera in several orientations to try and dislodge it.