[OM] photo holidays with Olympus bias

Subject: [OM] photo holidays with Olympus bias
From: Brian Gray <bandvg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 21:53:58 +0100
Hi
A holiday brochure has landed on the breakfast table from a company who started out as a provider of organised walking holidays in the UK. I was interested to note that the blurb for some special interest holidays called 'Discovering Digital Photography' says that 'you get to try and test Olympus Digital Cameras'. The blurb on another called 'The Digital Darkroom' includes 'working with an editing programme such as adobe Photoshop'. The holidays are also advertised on the web at
http://www.hfholidays.co.uk/photography/index.asp
The blurb on one of the course leaders, Derek Forss, says that 'His digital photography is supported by Olympus and his lectures by Hasselblad (UK) Ltd.

I have no recent experience with HF Holidays although I had several happy walking holidays with them when I was younger and fitter. The holidays might be an opportunity for those of us with OMs to try digital with Oly digitals without buying them - but the adverts do not say which digitals. Anyway, it looks as if Olympus might be cranking up its marketing machine?
Brian