Re: [OM] OT- Non-Olympus Digital SLR Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT- Non-Olympus Digital SLR Question
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 15:15:13 -0600
At 04:50 PM 10/16/2003 -0400, Bill Barber wrote:
The bug has bit lightly and I just sent most of my dough to the IRS so I
can't spring for an E-1 and the 300mm f2.8. One possible way to get my feet wet
would be to buy a Fuji S2 and use my Tamron lenses with it.  Does anyone have
any experience with this set up.  Looks to me like for the price of a few
adaptall mounts and a body I could get admission to the digital world. OK, so let
me hear those opinions.

My buddy (a professional commercial photographer) uses precisely this setup (plus some Nikon lenses), and neither he nor his clients could be happier. His turnaround times for his clients are now measured in hours, rather than days, and the resolution of the resulting images more than suffices for everything he's asked to do, including banners etc. for trade shows. He'll never go back.

Garth