Re: [OM] Payments to Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] Payments to Australia
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:05:57 -0700
Well, I think I'd like to take you up on your kind offer.

First a question; he wants AU$15 to ship to US. This is a little 10x10x3 cm box that weighs maybe 30 g, but will need a bit of bubble wrap inside a larger box. He wanted $AU 2 to ship it domestically in his eBay listing. My recollection is that Australian International Air Mail is reasonably priced. Am I being taken advantage of here? Would I be better off having you reroute it?

Here's what he said:
------------------------------
Bank details are as per below

Name: James and Sonya Carter
Bank: ANZ
Account No: 5127 81525
Branch: Caringbah, NSW
BSB: 012262
Total: $45.77 + $15 = A$60.77

Regards
James
-------------------------------

I assume you might have some PayPal costs. My payment would be PayPal balance or bank transfer, not a credit card. So what would I send you:
1. To just send on what he wants and he mails it to me.
2. To just send him the $AU45.77 plus $2 shipping and resend to me.

I hope you aren't sorry you offered. Fee free to back out if it's too much hassle.

Thanks a lot,
  Moose

andrew fildes wrote:

Easy - put it in my Paypal account and I'll send him the money - cash, postal order or direct credit - whatever he likes. If he's difficult about posting as well, I'll reroute it for you. Talk to him and let me know.
AndrewF

Dear Aussie Zuiks,

I just won an auction for the Tokina lens hood I've been searching for. More money than I'd like, but still quite a bit less than from the distributor here.

What I'd like is advice on the best way to sent about AU$50 to Sydney. My previous Australia purchase(s?) used PayPal. This is a 'Bay newbie who has not shown any payment options, so probably won't be much help. Is there a charge for depositing an International MO in US funds in an Aussie bank? How much? I've sent US cash in modest amounts for various purchases. How would that work?

Any help and ideas appreciated.

Moose