Re: [OM] Payments to Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] Payments to Australia
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 23:41:44 -0700
on 10/16/03 6:25 PM, Mark Dapoz at md@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Moose wrote:
>
>> First a question; he wants AU$15 to ship to US. This is a little 10x10x3
>> cm box that weighs maybe 30 g, but will need a bit of bubble wrap inside
>> a larger box. He wanted $AU 2 to ship it domestically in his eBay
>> listing. My recollection is that Australian International Air Mail is
>> reasonably priced. Am I being taken advantage of here? Would I be better
>> off having you reroute it?
>
> I just received a parcel from Australia today.  It was 12x12x18 and weighed
> 727g.  It was sent Economy Air (about 3.5 weeks to arrive) and the postage
> was AU$14.50.  I'd say AU$15 for your parcel is a bit much.
> -mark

I've received packages from Australia, and they have what they call "Standby
Air" (I think) which is about half the cost of the "full-priority air". If I
understand it right, the standby packages get sent out on the next
not-quite-full-up plane, instead of the next available aircraft. No delivery
guarantee, but I remember being surprised that it only took about 10 days to
get here. You might ask for that method, and see if the cost is lower.
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...