Re: [OM] Payments to Australia

Subject: Re: [OM] Payments to Australia
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 18:26:06 +1000
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Moose wrote:

 First a question; he wants AU$15 to ship to US. This is a little 10x10x3
 cm box that weighs maybe 30 g, but will need a bit of bubble wrap inside
 a larger box. He wanted $AU 2 to ship it domestically in his eBay
 listing. My recollection is that Australian International Air Mail is
 reasonably priced. Am I being taken advantage of here? Would I be better
 off having you reroute it?

I just received a parcel from Australia today.  It was 12x12x18 and weighed
727g.  It was sent Economy Air (about 3.5 weeks to arrive) and the postage
was AU$14.50.  I'd say AU$15 for your parcel is a bit much.
                                        -mark

Not really - as I just explained to Moose. I send packages often and the minimum for anything that won't go through a 'letter' slot is now AU$7.50 Air Mail plus another dollar for the padded bag. The weight is irrelevant. I'm considering using a standard Worldwide pack at $12.50 to streamline postings under 500g. Now if you factor in the time spent going to the post office, filling out the customs slip, doing ID verification, etc - it's a bloody bargain! I reckon I've lost a good $30-40 lately by miscalculating postage.
AndrewF