Re: [OM] OT- Non-Olympus Digital SLR Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OT- Non-Olympus Digital SLR Question
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 20:41:40 -0700

On Thursday, October 16, 2003, at 01:50 PM, NSURIT@xxxxxxx wrote:

The bug has bit lightly and I just sent most of my dough to the IRS so I can't spring for an E-1 and the 300mm f2.8. One possible way to get my feet wet would be to buy a Fuji S2 and use my Tamron lenses with it. Does anyone have any experience with this set up. Looks to me like for the price of a few adaptall mounts and a body I could get admission to the digital world. OK, so let
me hear those opinions.  Bill Barber

Here is a URL for a Fuji S2 Pro forum. LOTS of them use Tamron and other third party lenses. My understanding is while you can use manual focus lenses, the metering does not work. So you need a light meter. They post lots of examples and are mostly a friendly bunch willing to answer questions:

 http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1020

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA