Re: [OM] Photo Album

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Album
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:27:07 -0700
 Thanks to those who responded. I should have spent more time with the
descriptions. I'll have yet to explore all of the options with this
software. A few answers:

>I didn't know that the Gulf Islands were so scenic....

The locale is approximately 100mi/160km due east of the southern Gulf
Islands. The prominent peak, i.e. the one catching morning sun, clearly
visible from the Gulf Islands is at the head of the Skagit Valley.

>In the "yours truly" photo are you wearing open strap sandals?...

Yep, the only way to travel. As I get older my kit gets lighter :>)

>First impression: you live at an awesome place. A beautiful place. Do you
>have beaches down the mountains?

A theme for another album. Stay tuned...

>hope you're brave enough to hike in there more into winter...

Not much any more....too lazy :>)  Actually this area gets 10-20m of
snow or more so access is long and difficult requiring expedition-like
planning in winter. Avalanches were still coming off of the cliffs above
our camp even at the end of the season. By now there surely is a fair
amount of snow.

>It downloads very quickly at 33600 dialup modem, but downloads only
>with M$oft explorer. Netscape is useless. Maybe I must install Mozilla after
>all... que pereza.

No te preocupes... which version of Netscape? I have tested with
ver7.02. Brian mentioned he was able to use Opera by adding
"index-frame.html" to my link. I just tested Netscape ver4.7 and it also
uses this file. JAlbum generates two index files, the other being
"index.html" which i mentioned in the original post, I should have also
mentioned the index-frame.html option. Try the link below. Some
functionality is lost, the photos appear in a new window and a bit
darker, at least on my setup.

http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/Albums/index-frame.html

>did I miss technical data on the pictures? Didn't find any...

A very little at the very end. I should include more.

Mike