Re: [OM] Screen clean method?

Subject: Re: [OM] Screen clean method?
From: iwert <zuiko@xxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 20:36:08 +0200
And here the official method:

http://olympus.dementia.org/Hardware/Screen_cleaning.html

Question:

How do you clean a focusing screen?
Answer:

First I blow off the screen with compressed air. Screen is out of camera
when this is done. Air compressor has 2 water traps one at each end of the
line, I've never had trouble with water in the line with this setup. I
suggest never blowing compressed air into the body, it can wreck the meter,
in some cases knocking the galvanometer off its pivot.

Then, if there are specs on the screen, I brush the screen with a goose
feather. If specks are stuck to the pentaprism I clean first with lens
tissue and alcohol. Persistent specks are picked off with the tip of a
dental hook. I look into the lens opening with a loupe and gently touch the
hook to the speck. Surface "moisture" makes speck stick to the hook.

contributed by John Hermanson

iwert.