Re: [OM] Overgreased wind latch?

Subject: Re: [OM] Overgreased wind latch?
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:48:42 -0500
If the problem is truly a gummy wind latch, and the gears are jammed as a
result of "overwinding", you usually have to remove the gear train to unjam
them.  It does come out as an assembly, but it's rather risky -- you might
loose curtain timing.  Once retimed, the camera might work OK for a while,
but unless the latch levers are cleaned, it's bound to bind again.

Of course it might _not_ be jammed gears due to gummy wind latch -- you
might remove the bottom cover and look around.  Just don't turn anything,
OK?  ;^)