Re: [OM] yashica lynx, was Oly RD/SP etc

Subject: Re: [OM] yashica lynx, was Oly RD/SP etc
From: Siddiq <iddibhai@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 04:14:45 -0700
On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:32:10 +0100, Ian Nichols <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't think anyone has yet mentioned the Yashica Lynx series. These are more bulky than a 35RD (my personal fave, as some of you may recall - see the TOPEs on self portraits, night scenes & portraits) but less of a brick than the Canon QL17 GIII. I don't bother with the internal metering on any of them though, preferring to use a handheld meter.

Oh yes, and the Lynx 14 is about the only fixed-lens compact RF you'll find that opens up to f/1.4!

Though I hate to admit it, they're less fragile than a 35RD too.

hmm, have you got the lynx or the electro yashicas? anyone else?

here are the "very nice to have" features: either Av AE or Tv AE (as long as camera will tell me what aperture it will use). AE of *some* sort (as long as i have indication of values in use) is nice since i want to take photos, not fiddle with metering and turning knobs and dials and such :) and we're talking low light, so shutters have to go < 1/8 (eliminates some RFs which lock up AE in that range). i dont care who makes it, oly, yash, canon.

--
/S
aim:iddibhai