Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT getting ripped off on *bay

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) OT getting ripped off on *bay
From: "Dick Lague" <rlague@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 00:03:48 -0700
I just bought a very expensive Shure fp-33 field mixer on eBay.  the guy
claimed it was still sealed in its plastic bag, and was never used.  The
deal was 1/2 the cheapest street price.  After I paid, I noticed the guy had
little eBay history.  I started getting worried.

I sent an e-mail that I needed it right now and had him send it overnight.
Tried to get him to agree to guarantee it.  He had never put the batteries
in it and was not willing to open the sealed plastic.

It arrived the next day.  Beautifully packed.  As promised still sealed.
Probably a couple years old but absolutely perfect.  Works perfectly.  I
took a gamble but it paid off this time.

In retrospect I feel the guy really did not know how to put batteries in it
and turn it on.  It is a pretty complicated and intimidating unit maybe too
intimidating, but these things are bulletproof.

Now I have no idea how he got his hands on it, 'cause I could never find out
why he had it.....