Re: Re: [OM] yashica lynx, was Oly RD/SP etc

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] yashica lynx, was Oly RD/SP etc
From: lamadoo@xxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 18:18:15 -0400
Bill,
Thanks for the tips about the Konicas.

I looked at specs on many cheap 70s rangefinders on the Cameraquest site and
rejected the entire Yashica line because they're all auto-exposure with no
override.

Among the Minoltas, there are many different flavors that have 2.8 or slower
lenses and I rejected them too.  I wanted a f2 or faster and the
creme-de-la-Minolta here were:

1. Minolta Hi-Matic 9 because it was the last one with BOTH a fast lens and a
flash-matic feature. 55mm filter thread if I recall.
and
2. Minolta Hi-Matic 7sII because it has a fast lens which is multi-coated.
Someone, I think Gary Reese, reported a shocking good lens on this puppy.
Numbers don't lie.  49mm filters if I recall.

I chose the "9" for the flash-matic feature and it had better be worth the $30
I paid for it or I'm really gonna be hurtin'...

Nyuck, nyuck.  I think the "9" will be my [car] camera and the equally
expensive (but slower) Stylus Epic will get the nod only for smuggling
purposes.  I'm thinking about buying a broken cordless phone and splitting the
case for use as camouflage for the Epic.  When stopped at the gate at concerts
I'll have a phone on my hip, not a camera.  heh heh

Lama

I'm starting to write like Sam Tellig and it's scaring me.  "I laugh my evil
laugh."