Re: [OM] Not to repeat myself, but...

Subject: Re: [OM] Not to repeat myself, but...
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 16:44:05 -0700
At 04:28 PM 10/23/2003 -0500, Bill Pearce wrote:
....You want a lab with a replenished system that processes lots of rolls each
day. One that begins the day with a control strip, and maybe even uses one
after lunch. That has the equipment to analyze the results, and make needed
corrections. My favorite is a lab that uses a dip and dunk machine, but
higher volume labs that use a cine machine can do every bit as good. What
you don't want is that corner mini-lab with the Wing-Lynch or Jobo.

If you want another hobby, knock yourselves out, but for good photos, don't
try color processing at home.
..

Thanks for your advice. When I tear my hair out in a few months, I will say, I should have listened to Bill :-) Until then, lets see how far I get with this... WHat I have been using is New Lab, which is even good enough for Galen Rowell. Some of my slides tend to come back slight bluish though (both Leica and OM shot ones) and couple times they sliced and mounted my slides (I bulk scan them).

I imagine when I move to a DSLR, then mostly I will be doing B&W. I know a JOBO is overkill for that, but what the heck.