Re: [OM] E-1 compatibility comment

Subject: Re: [OM] E-1 compatibility comment
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 07:36:31 -0400
Moose replied:
If they get the E series off the ground, Oly plans to add a whole range
of system accessories, ala OM, including bellows and likely microscope
adapters. All the answer says is that the camera will operate in stop
down mode without an AF lens attached, unlike the lower range Nik*n and
the Fuji DSLRS. MA-1 is only an adapter for OM mount lenses, different
adapters might be used for other purposes. They should be able to make
an Auto-Bellows, unlike for the mechanical aperture stop down OMs.
I missed Brian's smiley and I think Moose missed mine. I'm well aware that the MA-1 (if it truly exists) is only for the OM mount. It's also clear, as Moose comments, that a new E-1 auto bellows will likely have full communication with the camera. The implication is that there has to be an adapter of some sort for a non E-1 bellows unit. Let's see... Who was well known for producing macro and microscope gear?

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA