Re: [OM] Scanners

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanners
From: "Jeff Keller" <jrk_om@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 13:05:58 -0700
The 2-1/4 will be the odd one. You can get an excellent 35mm scanner for
less than half the cost of a medium format scanner ex Minolta 5400 vs.
Minolta Multi Pro. Many people have claimed excellent results with flat
bed scanners for large format (I believe Acer 3200?).

You could probably get an excellent 35mm scanner plus the flat bed for
less than the cost of the MF scanner. 16x20 will probably require a
pretty good scanner.

Be sure Vuescan supports your scanner or that it comes with excellent
software.

-jeff