[OM] Held an E-1 today

Subject: [OM] Held an E-1 today
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 17:31:11 -0700 (PDT)
I held and looked through an E-1 today at the local camera shop
(there is now only one "real" shop in my city).  I was amazed at how
BIG it is.  In my younger years, I used to ski all over the West with
my OM-1 with 50 f1.8 in my parka pocket and a 28 f2.8 in the other
pocket.  (Never had a problem with it either).  You could not come
close to that with the E-1.  The view finder was bright and clear,
especially with the clear screen as opposed to the frosted matte of
the OM-1, but it is definitely not as large as the OM-1 - probably
about 3/4 the size.  You are going to be into $3000 or more by the
time you get a few lenses.  The 300/2.8 was around $7000 as I recall.
 I'm afraid I will have to wait quite a while.

=====
Don Shedrick

http://groups.msn.com/firstlightimaging