Re: now way OT [OM] First roll w/ E-6 @ home

Subject: Re: now way OT [OM] First roll w/ E-6 @ home
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 10:48:17 -0700

> The original expression
>>> came from cock-fighting, and meant to provide one=E2=80=99s bird with
>>> good, sharp spurs (considered, it would seem, as a kind of
>>> artificial heel) that would inflict the most damage.

Having been to cock fights of both the well heeled (steel) and natural
heeled variety the former are much less gruesome and over relatively
quickly with a well timed slash. These events are common in latin
American countries and quite a good place for photo opportunities.
Unfortunately the best pictures I took are also among the slides I lost.

Mike