Re: [OM] An unknown zuiko?

Subject: Re: [OM] An unknown zuiko?
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:49:55 -0500
If you reverse-mount a standard lens it has some macro capabilities.  Is this a
50mm being used backwards, and the tube takes the
place of the eyepiece lens?  Wouldn't you have to mate another lens to the
front then?

We had removable eyepieces for the telescopes in high school.  Each one had a
different final power of magnification and it slid
into the tube.

Do microscopes have the same fitting?

All the best,
Lama

> So what's the thing on the back?  Perhaps it's one of those eyepiece
> attachments that let you use a 35mm lens like a monocular?
Notice that it doesn't have any mounting flanges, so it's not going to be
mounted on any camera.  I think that the seller doesn't
know how to get the two items apart.