Re: [OM] An unknown zuiko?

Subject: Re: [OM] An unknown zuiko?
From: Joshua Putnam <josh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 21:06:42 -0800
Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu wrote:

We had removable eyepieces for the telescopes in high school.  Each one had a
different final power of magnification and it slid
into the tube.

Do microscopes have the same fitting?

Yes, they do.

By chance I have a microscope eypiece adaptor threaded to an OM
T-mount adaptor sitting by my keyboard -- our 9-year-old got a
microscope for her birthday, along with the eyepiece adaptor, and
I just happened to have a spare T-mount adaptor in a drawer...

The eyepiece adaptor is in two pieces, one goes under the top
flange of the microscope eyepiece, the other screws to that one
to clamp them together on the eyepiece flange. (But I'm afraid
none of our eyepieces are Zuikos....)

--
josh@xxxxxxxxx is Joshua Putnam
<http://www.phred.org/~josh/>