[OM] FS-Vivitar zoom thyristor 285 flash

Subject: [OM] FS-Vivitar zoom thyristor 285 flash
From: Gary Teller <gmteller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 17:53:03 -0500
Hi all,

I've got a Vivitar zoom thyristor 285 flash for sale. Flash only; no cords, power supply or other associated accessories other than a 28mm diffuser and owner's manual.

The flash has seen its share of use evidenced by the scuffs, light scratches and small nicks scattered about the body. There are no cracks, loose parts or other ominous signs. Oh, it does work. The manual, in English, German, French, and Spanish is in pretty good shape with the exception that the back cover which has some writing on it is hanging on for dear life. Some well placed tape will solve that problem.

I acquired it a few weeks ago when I bought a box of lenses (sorry, nothing OM) and tripods at an estate sale and then put it aside until, out of curiosity, I checked our favorite auction site for past sales. This puppy is pretty popular. Apparently the late owner was a serious photography enthusiast based on what I bought and the books on his shelves.

Anyway, if anyone wants it the cost is US$50.00 plus actual U.S.P.S shipping cost and optional US$1.30 insurance. I can only ship it to the U.S. or Canada. I'll gladly refund your money if you're not satisfied with it. You can pay me with personal check drawn on U.S. bank, U.S.P.S. money order or plain green U.S. dollars. First come first served.

Thanks,

Gary