Re: [OM] Control pack charging

Subject: Re: [OM] Control pack charging
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 10:13:19 -0500
Mark,

I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot I don't know about
some of my Oly gear, but this is the first I've heard about
Olympus NOT recommending the use of the relay cords with the Ni-Cd
control packs.  The single-sheet instruction leaflet that came
with my last new Control Pack 2 says neither yea nor nay.  But
back in the days before Olympus got too cheap to print an
instruction booklet, on page 7 of the Control Pack 1 manual there
is a photograph of the M.15V Ni-Cd Control Pack 1 attached to the
Motor Drive 1 with a 1.2m Relay Cord.

Underneath the picture, the text reads: "By connecting the Relay
Cord 1.2m with the Control Pack, a 1.2m extension between the
Motor Drive and Control Pack can be obtained.  This allows the
photographer to carry the Control Pack in his pocket to prevent
battery degradation by keeping the Control Pack warm in sub-zero
temperatures.  The Relay Cord 10m is used for longer remote
control."

Did they change their tune later, like between 1 and 2?

Walt
 "Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time
 and to its government when it deserves it."  -- Mark Twain