[OM] OT Fires in California

Subject: [OM] OT Fires in California
From: Michael and Elizabeth <moc63@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 08:34:01 +1100
My heart goes out to you all in California.

I am in Sydney with parents and many family members and friend living in our
surrounding "Blue" Mountains and we see bush fires as an annual event.
Fires are more devastating than flood or storm as everything is lost in a
fire.

Fires have always been  part of our landscape.  I can remember bad ones, in
the mountains,  as far back as the mid 1950's.  The big difference now is a
lot more people live in these areas resulting in more personal and human
loss.  It is lovely to live with the trees and wildlife but sometimes there
is a big price to pay.  These wild fire storms cannot be stopped and a
change in the weather is what brings them under control.

I am thinking of you all.

Michael.