Re: [OM] Olympus Bellows Spares

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Bellows Spares
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 14:38:25 -0500
When talking about the nylon blocks in the bellows unit, do you
mean the white thingys inside the doohickies that move back and
forth and that have the knobs on the side?

I shoot a fair amount of macro stuff, but since the 65~116 auto
tube is all I need 99 percent of the time, I rarely use my LNIB
bellows.  Do these nylon things wear out so easily that they have
to be replaced?  Generally, I use my bellows unit only a couple of
times a year.  Since I'm already an old fart, should I worry about
how long they will last?  To preserve them, should I douse them
with some Marvel Mystery Oil?  Maybe some chicken fat or bacon
grease?  Lark's spit?  Newt's tears?

Anyway, curiosity caused me to get mine out of the box to see what
this was all about, and -- Eureka! -- that's where that missing
spare extra-deep rear lens cap (the one for the 80 and 135 macros)
was hiding.  I was afraid I'd lost it.  I bet you can't get them
anymore either.

And is Acme Bellows by any chance a subsidiary of Acme
Manufacturing, the company "with a solution for every problem"
that provided Wyle E. Coyote with all his stuff?

Walt

 "Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time
 and to its government when it deserves it."  -- Mark Twain