Re: [OM] 2n vs 2sp?

Subject: Re: [OM] 2n vs 2sp?
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 15:46:46 -0400

> Flip a coin.  I like both cameras.  However, having had an OM-2
> and a OM-2S, maybe it's telling that I kept the 2S.
>
> * I like the spot meter.
> * I like the brighter focus screen that doesn't skew the meter
> readings.
> * I like the LCD display.
> * I like the permanently mounted hot-shoe.
> * I like the feel of the film-advance. (mine is well-worn)
> * I like the fact that it has over 80,000 exposures on it and
> still going strong.
> * I like my scratches, dings and brassing.
> * I like the seldem but occasionally used Program Mode.
> * I like the fact that I don't have to turn it on and off.
> * I like the sound.
> AG-Schnozz

Add to that that you can put the extra grip on the OM2s, which makes it into
a much better feeling camera in the hand, imo. With the extra grip on the 2s
it feels almost as secure in the hand as the OMPC. It still lacks that
little bump on the back for the thumb. Now if the 2s just didn't have the
silly timer switch right under your fingers - one problem the OMPC doesn't
have. The self timer switch on the 1n and 2n isn't quite as bad that way as
the 2s.

Wayne