Re: [OM] Olympus E-1, a dealer's perspective

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus E-1, a dealer's perspective
From: julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 20:20:22 +0000 (GMT)
Or to talk apples and bananas, surely the thing which is most important to the
average long - telephoto user is the maximum subject magnification possible,
or, to put it another way, how far away can I stand from that hungry tiger and
still get a decent 10*8 print of its head. This is then a factor of focal
length, format and resolution. Format and focal length combine into angle of
view, so just angle and resolution count.
Alternatively one can just forget about 35mm equivalents, realise that the
digital age is here and that you have a choice about whether to buy into it or
not.
My choice is not.
If yours is different, assess the possibilities on their real merits, not by
reference to the past. Realise also that the reason that for you it is the past
is a direct result of your choice.

Julian