Re: [OM] ( OM ) The Saga of the Epic ( or is it the Epic Saga?)

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) The Saga of the Epic ( or is it the Epic Saga?)
From: "Lama-Jim L'Hommedieu" <lamadoo@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 15:28:24 -0500
Cc: <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Ditto.  I bought a DLX on ebay advertised as having a light leak.  I have film
in it right now but if your light leak is in the
middle of the frame, I'll bet it's the foam on the door around the window for
the film cartridge.

Before I ran a test roll thourgh mine, I assumed it was the door seal because
the instruction manual says it should be replaced
every 3 years.  I called Oly America to buy a "replacement seal for the door"
but they said the door seal isn't available separately
from the door assembly.  She asked if I didn't want the film-window seal
instead.

This might have been a mistake but I bought the complete door assembly.  You
might want to wait to see if this fixes my problem or
not.

When I asked Clint if he sold a "replacement seal for the door" he also asked
if I meant the film-window seal instead.  This
afternoon I think it's very likely that the seal around the film cart goes
first.

Finally, the battery door is available as a spare but the door seal is not.  If
the instruction manual says the door seal should be
replaced every 3 years, why isn't it available as a spare?!  Who wants to pay
for a CLA and shipping 2 ways for a $125 camera?

BTW, "Epic Saga" was a clever phrase.  Well done.

Lama

From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>