Re: [OM] 8mm

Subject: Re: [OM] 8mm
From: andrew fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 07:31:27 +1100
Further -
Looking at the exploded diagrams there are two versions - the only substantive difference appears to be the part numbers for the last two elements (one of them a group). The old version is styled Type 1 (C) - the new version Type 2 (NMC). Coated and new Multi-Coated? Could it be that they realisd that they had a problem with those elements and improved them?
Andrew

I presume that you've done all the usual things and found the part numbers and hassled Oly USA for them? It appears that there were two versions dammit which complicates things - what serial was the changeover for gawd's sake? There is a small company here that does lens regrinds and single coating at a solid price (I've heard that it would cost around US$200 for these two little blighters) but on an optic like this it becomes economically viable. I'll let you know on that one if I can't find the replacement elements.
Andrew

I too have a Zuiko 8/2.8 lens, with the last two elements fungus damaged to
non-usability. I think this is a common problem. You would think with all
that glass up front someone somewhere would have dropped on and busted that
hemisphere, but I haven't turned up on yet.

If you can ever find a source for the last elements let them know they have
two guaranteed sales right off...!
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...