Re: [OM] Sigma lens universal mount?

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma lens universal mount?
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2003 23:26:00 +0100
Hi, Skip and all.

>>From an Ebay item (2961046267), it looks like Sigma made a line of lenses
>>similar to the Tamron Adaptall.  Does anyone know the extent of that
>>line?

I don't think so. That eBay item is just a Sigma 16mm F2.8 fish-eye in
Min*lta-AF mount. The two-piece setup shown is *not* an interchangeable
mount system, but the already posted 'Filtermatic' system, just like the
Sigma 8mm F4 fisheye. BTW, filters are compatible between both lenses. A
clear filter is needed to achieve correct infinity focus.

>Did they make an Olympus OM mount for them?

Yes. I own both Sigma fisheyes in OM mount.

>Was it just a T-mount?

No, as said above.

>Was this a stop-down lens?

No. It does couple with the automatic diaphragm and open-aperture metering
system of the camera -- at least so it does with the OMs.

Best regards,

Carlos J. Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<http://cjss.galeon.com>