Re: [OM] A Trip to the Reef

Subject: Re: [OM] A Trip to the Reef
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:37:52 +1100
Thanks, Jim. I've had some reasonable success with Photoshop Elements with
just the Auto Levels command so I'm thinking that with some further
experimentation I should be happy enough to do my own. I might add that my
actual underwater shots were taken not with an OM but with a plastic housed
P&S that the tour company sold for AUD40. It came ready loaded with 800ASA
neg colour film and is really only one step in front of a disposable. Before
the film was completely exposed the flash battery had given up!

But one has similar colour balance problems when taking shots through the
glass of a semi submersible as I found with the OM-2 plus of course the
added hassle of not having the lens perpendicular and very close to the
glass.

John.