[OM] swapping focusing screens

Subject: [OM] swapping focusing screens
From: "William Sommerwerck" <williams@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 03:21:01 -0800
The recent complaint about badly focused images after switching to a new
screen suggests the screen was misinstalled. If so, objects closer than the
focused distance should be in focus. If everything in every picture is
consistently out of focus, the problem probably lies elsewhere.

I follow a rather odd practice when swapping screens. Holding the body
upside-down, I drop in the screen so it falls against the bottom of the
pentaprism -- rather than dropping it into the frame.