Re: [OM] Olympus LSD-2 light

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus LSD-2 light
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 09:19:56 -0500
There is something slightly amusing - or puzzling - about all this
excitement related to taking lenses with 20-30 year-old designs,
attaching them to camera bodies with the newest form of capture medium
and features, and using the lenses in a mode - stop down - which has in
effect been obsolete for the past 40 years. How many of you would have
even vaguely considered buying an OM of any kind had it only had
stop-down metering?

I know this is seen as a way to save money and make use of the Zuiko
lenses, but...Frankly, an E-1 deserves the E-1 lenses, and, for that
matter, one of the reasons for buying a digital Rebel, if one were to go
that route, is to be able to use some of the outstanding Canon lenses.

(I'm writing this keeping in mind the fact that I see more discussion of
non-OEM lenses on this list than practically any other.)

B. D.