Re: [OM] Olympus LSD-2 light

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus LSD-2 light
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2003 14:21:07 -0500
Gee, Lama, you've been really unlucky.  I've got 20-something
Zuikos, only two of them borderline slouches: a 50/1.8 silvernose
and a 135/2.8.  They've both become paperweights.

I did, once upon a time, long, long ago, have an under-performing
28/2, too, although I didn't realize it until my good lady wife
found something she thought was really unusual and cool and got it
here from France off *Bay and gave it to me for my birthday a few
years back: a 28/2.8 Carl Zeiss Jena in OM mount.  I hated to part
with the Zuiko, but I traded it for a still-working, but now
epoxied because I broke it, T Power Control 1.  There may have
been something wrong with the Zuiko, and maybe yours was once
mine.  But despite the pervailing and occasionally slanderously
expressed low opinion of the Jena stuff, this little jewel was
easily the better lens of the two.  That's why I still have it.

Walt

 "Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time
 and to its government when it deserves it."  -- Mark Twain