Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel
From: Dorothée Rapp <om@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 01:53:08 +0100
Jeff Keller schrieb:

Maybe no new miracles however the lens optimization priorities could be
different ... BUT it is pretty hard to believe that NONE of the old
Zuikos would give satisfying images.

I don't think it was a bad idea to design new - and lighter - lenses. And for instance the 50-200 seems to perform *very well indeed, and the macro as well, and many more lenses to come maybe. On the other hand, I feel that everything is getting complicated only to make up for the deficiencies of todays sensors. Everything has by design to be interpolated (right word?) and corrected..as long as Foveon doesn't really work out. So - I don't know. It's maybe like in music. When recording went digital, it was (and still is) a long way to regain the immediate effect a very good analog recording can transport to our ears and souls.

just my 2 Eurocents...

:Doro