Re: [OM] ..... OT Fires in California......

Subject: Re: [OM] ..... OT Fires in California......
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 11:50:10 -0800
That kind of thing happened in the Oakland hills fire in '91 too. We had friends who were in a little cluster of undamaged homes and there were several examples like that. When I was looking for a new roof shortly thereafter, one salesman's favorite selling tool was a close-up aerial view of a single undamaged house in the midst of complete devastation, hardly a charred stick left standing anywhere around it. I ended up buy that kind, mostly for structural reasons, but that picture sure didn't hurt.

Moose

Timpe, Jim wrote:

I saw an aerial image of one neighborhood where everything was ashes except
for one lone home... It looked completely intact.  Scary.