Re: [OM] [OT] Re: beer, mighty beer and Budweiser also

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Re: beer, mighty beer and Budweiser also
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2003 15:18:00 -0500 (EST)
Cc:
...(Reinheitsgebaut?) make them the best of the lagers for me...
Yes, but...
I still think that you should try non-pasteurized beers.
One of the good things about Zagorka, the Bulgarian beer was just that.  It is
something in between Grolsh and Becks, but much, much better.  Give you an
example with that one, because I do not know beer brands from Germany like
that, I am sure they have them and are probably better...
It starts with a golden tan at the bottom and has a gourgeous, thick, heavy
head on the top...:)
If they ruined it, you can probably get it in UK, but when I was still in
Bulgaria, the expiration date was only six days.  Oh, how much I miss it.
Grolsh is at least one level bellow...
Here, try this:
I have not ever known a better combination between beer and kebabcheta (except
beer and cigarette, the only time I like cigarettes)
It is ground meat, oblong shaped (kinda looks like a turd...) spiced with
onion, pepper and cumin.  I make it regularly at home.  After the war in YU,
there were a lot of Bosnian immigrants and they call it chebabche, theirs are
not as good, still, pretty tasty.  If you can find any Balkan restaurant, order
it with a good yellow beer and praise my name...
Andrew,
Do you know....now when I thought about it, I never had Russian beer in my life
and that struck me.  The only excuse I can come up with is that I've never been
there, but is on the list to visit.
I have heard a lot of stories about the drinking habits of the Russians,
especially from Siberia...it involves a "special"temperature (read cold,
outside during winter)  A long piece of metal with a V shaped cross section and
pure alchohol.  It gets poured through the metal (rusty a lot of times, but it
does not matter).  I do not know what it does, but aparently works for them
The Bulgarians have different drinking habits, do not get me wrong, we drink a
lot on a daily basis, you see a prime example here (ok you do not see it
exactly).  But we never get drunk.  We drunk slowly and only good stuff.  When
we get buzzed, we start to drink carefully and just keep us at that happy
point.  The sich with the Russians is completely different, they drink to get
drunk and the quality does not matter.  Kinda like the folks here, but the
difference is that here they get like that once a week, then get in their car
and go home to recuperate.  Russian folks are different, they do it daily, and
it usually involves leaning against a light pole and pucking their guts out in
lighter cases.  Worse, but not unusual are the cases they just fall asleep in
their puke on the sidewalk and die from the cold.  Sad, but true.
I guess after all this talk about beeeeeeeeeeer I'll be having even more
tonight...makes you thirsty doesn't it?
Happy drinking
Boris
P.S. Chris, when I and my wife go out, we drink Bass Ale, this is as good as
you can get here at the regular pub.