[OM] OT Opera LPS. Was: Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel

Subject: [OM] OT Opera LPS. Was: Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel
From: Jim Couch <jamesbcouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 22:36:53 -0800
Check eB*y Earl, there are a ton of complete operas listed and going for peanuts! Most of them are in mint condition as well. You can also often times find them in used record stores if they have any classical selection at all. Estate sales are also a good place to find old opera stuff, again for peanuts I have roughly 30 complete operas on LP that I purchased within the last 3 or 4 years.

Jim Couch

Earl Dunbar wrote:

Doro,

Agreed on the convenience.  I still invest in LPs both because of the audio
quality, and I can get good discs pretty cheaply.  Some haven't been
transferred to CD.

I am about to go on an opera binge, so it will probably be CD for that.  Not
much available on LP, unless you count collections of arias, etc.

A good (read: not cheapo) CD player (and SACD) and well-produced CDs can sound
non-fatiguing.  But most people don't own those.

Earl