Re: OT: Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel

Subject: Re: OT: Re: [OM] Zuiko lenses on Digital Rebel
From: "Boris Grigorov" <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 07:26:23 -0500 (EST)
Cc:
I think you guys did not take into an account who recorded and manufactured the
CD/LP.
I listen to my recently purchased CD's and although the music is beautiful, you
cannot compare with any of my Bulgarian CD's where you can hear each instrument
separately if you want to.  Any CD I bought recently sounds flat, because of
the lack dynamic range and the middle tones get intertmingled into something
that I can say becomes disturbing at times, it is like listening to a very bad
cheap transistor stereo (mono?).  I even question somethimes if it is a stereo
recording too...
To illustrate my point even further, I have vinyl records which show exactly
that...One I remember was purchased in France.  It consists of two LP's.  All
the songs are from different countries and I would not name any, coz it is
kinda embarrassing for me to get caught having record like that, let's say it
involves a lot of bad 80's music...but some of the songs sound wonderful and
some of them as if I were listening to them on the cheap transistor stereo
(slightly exaggerating to illustrate what I mean)
I am not sure if I agree completely with you two on the digital vs analog as I
have hard time keeping the dust out of my records, but have to tell you that
some are meant to be listened like that.  And IMHO there is nothing better than
listening on a record like that, watching the strobe of the turntable and the
warm glow of the tubes...Then as the music plays, they fade away from
centerstage to serve as a background of the pictures and emotions the music
brings you...
...fingers snapping...
...and then the reality creeps in...(insert your reality here)
Nice talking to ya
Boris