Re: [lens] Re: [OM] Electronic ViewFinders

Subject: Re: [lens] Re: [OM] Electronic ViewFinders
From: "tOM Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 04:03:15 -0500
The advantages of a detailed real-time electronic viewfinder that I see are:
    - digital zoom to check/adjust focus "insta-loupe"
    - detailed wide visible view
    - in low or no light (infrared/night-vision)
    - with smaller imager formats
    - heads-up view of choseable info
But certainly, 1+MP is needed.

tOM

On Friday, November 07, 2003 at 9:47
C.H.Ling-Accura <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I really doubt the EVF will improve too much in 3-4 years. 200K pixel screen
> has been there for two years (since Dimage 7?)without any improvement. I
> think we need at least 1MP for it to look "ok" and it must be fast (in real
> time like video).
>
> C.H.Ling

----  Abacurial Information Management Consultants ----
Tom A. Trottier, President              http://abacurial.com
758 Albert St, Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
N45.412 W75.714 +1 613 860-6633 fax:+1 775 307-4133
        -- Benjamin Franklin