Re: [OM] Rubber lens hoods shine

Subject: Re: [OM] Rubber lens hoods shine
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 10:00:17 -0500
Where do you get rubber rejuvenator? and I have been trying to figure
out a good test. The result can subtle shift in contrast, which could be
a lot of things, moisture and dirt main culprits, but I can see a definite
shine to many of my OM rubber lens hoods.

Felt would be good also, where can you get the thin black felt I see
in some of the OM lenses?

Wayne

At 04:23 PM 11/7/2003, Lama wrote:
>Can you make a test exposure with the hood and one without?
>
>If it increases the flare, you could treat the inside with a rubber
>rejuvenator.  The stuff we used on rollers long ago smelled terrible but it
>produced a totally matte surface.  I would even try Armorall 'cause I think it
>gives you a glossy surface.

you mean don't use Armorall, right...