Re: [OM] Looking for a user super-wide...

Subject: Re: [OM] Looking for a user super-wide...
From: "Curtis P. Hedman" <Curtis.P.Hedman-1@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 09:55:18 -0600
At 11/8/03 01:53 PM, you wrote:
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 15:05:44 -0800

You might consider the 'wide zoom' lens for this... quality is probably
similar to the prime, but the Vivitar 19-35 zoom or the Samyang 18-28 zoom
might be easier to find. They seem to go for +/- $100 on the infamous
auction site.
- --

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...

Thanx, Jim, as well as the other members who have responded here or directly... now have a couple of good leads. FWIW, I have a Samyang 18~28 (actually two of them, one broken and one almost new) but am not really happy with them at the very short end of the range. I'm sort of guessing that I really want a Tamron or Tokina 17mm, but hope to hold off the cost of same by playing with something cheaper... possibly a bad way to go, I understand!

Curt