[OM] How to remove a worn battery cover on OM-2n?

Subject: [OM] How to remove a worn battery cover on OM-2n?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 20:47:45 -0500
Devon asked:
I have an OM-2n that I recently picked up. The groove on the battery cover has worn so that I cannot open it with the usual coin or washer edge. Any hints on how I can open this puppy?
I would try cutting an appropriately sized disk of the stickiest rubber you can find. Apply disk to cover and apply thumb to disk with pressure and twisting action.

Alternatively, you may just be able to remove the bottom cover to get access to both sides of the cover for gripping it with some tool or drilling holes through it for an improvised spanner. I think the battery cover threads into the bottom cover as opposed to the battery box but I'm not sure about that.

If that doesn't work (and since the cover is toast already) I would glue on a lever and then unscrew it.

Replace with new cover from John or Clint or Beljan.

Chuck Norcutt
Woburn, Massachusetts, USA