Re: [OM] OT - Camouflage Paint ?

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - Camouflage Paint ?
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:03:34 -0500
Bill,

I'd be more concerned about the gear on top in the saltwater air
than the 'pod legs below in the water.  Tripod legs are both cheap
and durable.  Dunk 'em, bring 'em home, hose 'em off, let 'em dry,
and fuggedaboudit.

I've got a 30-year-old Quick-Set Pro-Am, which is my go-to-hell
tripod, that's been in every kind of water you can imagine, and
unless it smells bad or has something really disgusting stuck to
it, it's always just been left wet outside until it dries.  The
legs are bare aluminum and not real pretty nowadays, but it works
about as well today as it did when it was new.  Even the other
four "good" tripods have had wet feet a time or two.

It's really admirable to be careful and take care of the gear, but
I think you may be overdoing it just a bit.  Sounds to me like it
will be more trouble than it's worth.  Besides, I think you're
going to need an anchor, too.

Walt
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers.