Re: [OM] Olympus America and feedback

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus America and feedback
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:30:00 -0000
I think you are being harsh Andrew.  I think they are being harsh too, but that
isn't the question.

Not so long ago I bought a Manfrotto (Bogen) monopod from the same auction
site.  Described as mint condition, it had had the 3/8"
collar over the 1/4" thread removed with a hacksaw.  Not good - especially as I
intended to fit a head to it, which might have
needed the 3/8" thread.  And the price was only about 250ff retail.

Seller responded to my complaint with what amounted to "Not me, never"
(although much more friendly in expression).  He was
reluctant to offer any rebate, because he thought the price didn't reflect what
he had paid for it.  SO he took it back and refunded
everything including postal costs!

That earned him a positive feedback "A trustworthy reliable seller, very
friendly, will gladly do business again".  If you read the
feedbacks I have given, you will see that this is the only seller who doesn't
get a comment "As described" - and you can see the
reason.  I owe it to others on that auction site to give an accurate report of
the deal.  In terms of the outcome, I am nothing but
positive - I didn't like what I had bought, and got a full refund.  End of
story.

Yes, I am aware of the difficulties of "grade inflation" - but the reality of
that site is that neutral and negatives are rare, and
a sign of bad experience.  If I had been you, I too would have been
disappointed - but that ain't bad.

--
Piers

--snip