[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4414

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #4414
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 10:23:08 -0500
I bought the same thing at the same price, but the auction was entitled:
   "OLYMPUS 55mm Circular Polarizer Lens Filter"
so I was somewhat annoyed at what I got. The ring is thicker than the usual
Olympus rings, which risks vignetting, but then I don't often use
polarization on wideangles due to the sky effects. As mentioned it showed
some blue-yellow effects, but I decided it was worth what I paid and kept
it.

I don't remember the photo, but it didn't ring alarm bells so it was
probably the generic photo of a bunch of filters sitting on a flat surface.
I didn't anticipate problems with OAI so I went ahead without asking "are
these genuine Olympus filters?"

He said he'd improve the description and evidently did.

Andrew