Re: [OM] WTB : used Kiron 28-85 f2.8-3.8/tokina atx now

Subject: Re: [OM] WTB : used Kiron 28-85 f2.8-3.8/tokina atx now
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:59:36 -0400
Okay, so I replied on list again. Hey, I'm over 50, so give me a break :-)

But not to waste this post - I have a Tokina ATX 28-85/3.5-4.5 that seems to
have developed a slight lens coating problem on the inside of the front
element, that is visible if you hold the lens at just the right angle to the
light and your eye. So far it doesn't seem to affect the photos at all, but
if someone had one that was fungus ridden in the rear elements, or otherwise
broken, but had a good front element, I would be interested in it.
Has anyone else experienced this on a lens, that can perhaps explain it
better, or what causes it, or if it really even matters?
Thanks,
Wayne